• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch convert .cp to .mp4 or any other video format

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 150 captivate project files. I would like to batch convert them to video files. Can this be done?

It already seems possible to export them one by one to a .mp4-format, however I can not seem to find a way to batch convert all these captivate files to any video format.

Is this possible? Or do I really need to open them one by one and export them to mp4? Is there a way to automate this?

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible out of the box with Captivate, has been asked already a couple of times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. It's a bit disappointing for an Adobe product in 2012 though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batch conversion from SWF to a video is possible with the Adobe Media Encoder, but not cptx to a video with Captivate. Should have been more complete. Adobe has a solution, but not in Captivate

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Is there anyway to batch convert .cp files to anything else I can reconvert later to a video format? SWF would we a start..

What solution does Adobe have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CPTX is the authoring file, editable. SWF is a typical output format from that authoring file, that is not really a conversion but a publishing to output. Just like you have the Flash authoring files (FLA) that can be published to SWF.

Hope you are aware of the fact that when converted to a video format you lose all interactivity?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project files aren't meant to be interactive, just video showing stuff. You are talking about .cptx, however my Captivate files may be a bit older, they have the .cp extension.

If I get this right, there's no way to batch convert/publish to swf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Unfortunately there is no way to batch convert anything in any version of Captivate. You might consider submitting a Wish Form to ask for this capability to be added to a future version. (link for that is in my sig)

For the time being, however, you might find that using something like Macro Express will help.

Click here to visit the Macro Express web site

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources