2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2012 10:06 AM by Julie Cloutier

ClickTAG and Link can't have both ?

Julie Cloutier Level 1

Hi, I have a problem when inserting a click tag and a link. I read that the clickTAG must be on the top layer of the animation, so I put right below it on another layer a button with a link to a website. When I click on the image, the click tag work but the redirection to the website does not.

Any idea on how to make a link work while inserting a click tag ?

Should I put this code on the same button ?

on (release) {

getURL (_level0.clickTAG, "_blank");

}

on (release) {

getURL("http://www.mywebsiteaddressblablabla.com", "_blank");

}

• 1. Re: ClickTAG and Link can't have both ?
          KalebW Level 1

Easy — just use one button with one on (release) and a simple conditional...

on (release) {

if (_level0.clickTag) {

getURL(_level0.clickTag, "_blank");

} else {

getURL("http://www.adobe.com", "_blank");

}

}

You should only use one "release" event handler per button, and don't bother stacking two buttons on top of each other. The purpose of the clickTag is to go to a URL specified by the ad server. A clickTag is just a URL string passed to a flash banner using a flash var in the object/embed tag of an html page, so that conditional statement above (the if/else) checks if the clickTag exists; if it does, it navigates to the URL specified by the clickTag. If it does not exist, it goes to the backup URL.

• 2. Re: ClickTAG and Link can't have both ?
            Julie Cloutier Level 1

Thank you so much for this answer, it clarify everything about the clickTAG.

I have one more question though.

All of this work only with CS 4 right ? This is Action script 2.0 and it won't work if I save my file using CS5.5 format ?