4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2012 3:16 PM by MikeKPhoto RSS

Couple of Dumb Questions

MikeKPhoto Community Member

In Camera RAW I have a bunch of camera profiles I would like to remove, and for the life of me I cannot seem to dind them on my system. I am running Vista 32 Bit. These are all Nikon profiles.

Second question to do with DNG. I have been making some custom profiles using Colorchecker Passport and so far pleased with the results. It does not work on native RAW only DNG files. So fired up DNG 6.7 Beta and converted a number of NEF's to DNG. In doing this I loaded up some more NEF files and hit convert and it not only converted the NEF files but also the DNG files in the same folder. Is this normal behavior to convert a DNG to a DNG?

Cheers

Mike

• 1. Re: Couple of Dumb Questions
          Jeff Schewe Community Member

Are you talking about camera profiles YOU have made or the ones that came with Camera Raw? I don't suggest trashing the vendor matching. In terms of your custom profiles, there are saved in C:]\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles (note you'll have to make sure you have show hidden folders to find it).

And yes, they's nothing wrong with the concept of processing a DBG into a newer DNG, you can do that to update the DNG to a new DNG spec with new features. However, you do NOT have to convert to DNG to USE a DNG profile, only to MAKE a DNG profile. Once made, you can apply it to any raw file that came from your camera...

• 2. Re: Couple of Dumb Questions

Thanks for the reply, I only want to get rid of the duplicates, Like "Landscape" and "Landscape V4" of which I have quite a few originals and V4 varieties or would you recommend keeping them all?

The profile creator comes with a profile manager so I can easily remove or hide my custom profiles to keep the list manageble as I now have custom profiles for different lens and camera combination

By the way turned on show hidden files and nada. Maybe I need to reboot?

Cheers

Mike

• 3. Re: Couple of Dumb Questions
              Jeff Schewe Community Member

I gave you the location for the Passport saved custom user profiles...here's where you go for the Adobe provided DNG profiles: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

• 4. Re: Couple of Dumb Questions

Magic, thanks for your help and have a great weekend