• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboSource Control 3 Explorer - Admin access and adding users

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started in a department where users working with RoboHelp HTML 7 are connected to a Windows XP PC on which RoboSource Control 3 Explorer is being used for version control.  The two guys who set up the system are no longer available.  I have the login for one of them, but do not know if he was the Admin or a subadmin in RoboSource Control.  When I go to Admin>User Library, I get the following screen.

RoboSource01.GIF

- None of the users show any rights checked.  - That's the first problem.

- Is there any way that I can determine if the login I'm using is the real Admin?  Does the fact that I have access to the User Library tell me anything about this?

- When I try to add a user, I get the error message "Error - you have insufficient rights to perform this operation."

- I need to be able to add users and have Admin level control.  If the login I have is from the actual Admin, then I might be okay.  But if not, am I out of luck?  If that's the case, is my only option to take the following steps?

1. Have a user check out all the project files.

2. Disassociate those files from the RoboSource Control machine.  (There are hundred of topics in the project files.)

3. Set up a new RoboSource Control with myself as the Admin.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm, I'm not sure if it's the same issue, but recently all user rights for every single user in the user library (including the admin) went missing much like yours. I know for a fact that my user profile had admin rights, but at that time, no rights were checked for any user. (The admin user will have, if I'm correct, all the rights selected).

I still don't know what caused the issue, but a simple restart of the server that hosts RoboSource Control was enough to restore permissions in our case. Maybe you could try that and see if the restart helps? Considering that the alternative is setting up a new RSC database, I would think it's worth a shot

- Richa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it was definitely worth a try.  Didn't work...but I'm still resisting the alternative.  Thanks for the idea Richa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp