• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firefox 11.0 32bit, Win7 64 bit, FP 11.2.202.233 64 bit install finishes, lists only 11.2.202.228

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello---

I have Firefox 11.0 32 bit running under Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1 with all current Windows updates.

I am trying to install Flash Player 64 bit Non-IE installer, version 11.2.202.233.

I close Firefox before installing, installation says it completes successfully, loads Firefox, says Flash Player is working.

I load Add-ons Manager, check installed version of Flash Player, it lists as:

Which is obviously the previous version.

I have tried this repeatedly, with exact same result.

I have also tried the links available on Filehippo.com,

on the off chance the Bootstrap Downloader was causing the problem.

The full Non-IE 64 bit install package yielded exact same results as described above.

I would like to complete the install of the new version properly but it doesn't appear to be working.

I have no Antivirus products installed, and I am allowing the Bootstrap Downloader through my Software Firewall,

download and install both register as 100% successful so Firewall is not the issue.

Thanks,

Ferenc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Thank you SilkPhoenix, I just rebooted Windows, which I rarely do, and the correct Flash Player version, 11.2.202.233, is now reported.  I don't know why it is necessary to reboot Windows for this, since I have never in my memory had to do this before to complete a Flash Player update, but it seems to fix the issue.  By the way, before restarting Windows, I checked in Firefox, about:plugins, and the filename being used for Flash Player corresponded to the previous version.  After rebooting Windo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As reflected in my poste (copy below), I am getting the same thing on multiple Windows PC's, both 32 and 64 bit.

BTW, As indicated below, I see Firefox reporting the older version of Flash when I go to the Adobe test page.  Where do you see this in Firefox Add-Ons Manager?  I cannot see any listing for Flash anywhere in there.  Can you please be more specific.  Thank you.

=====

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/989773

26 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2012 9:21 AM by Evan H. Katz

Evan H. Katz

1 posts since

Apr 14, 2012

Apr 14, 2012 9:21 AM

Firefox 11 Not Reporting Correct Version of Flash v. 11.2.202.233

This question is Not Answered.(Mark as assumed answered)

Today (April 14, 2012) I installed the new Adobe Flash v. 11.2.202.233 on four computers (several Mac and several PC/Windows).

Eveything went fine except that Firefox does not seem to have the new Flash on any of the Windows PC's (it worked fine on Mac). That is, when I go to the Adobe test page (http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/), it is reporting that Firefox is using the immediately prior version 11.2.202.228. However, all other Windows browsers (e.g., Opera, IE, etc.) all report the correct version on that test page.

And I checked Windows Programs and Updates and it shows version 11.2.202.233 installed.

So, why is Firefox 11 showing the old version? Anyone have any ideas and hopefully a fix?

Adobe, you should fix this.

Evan Katz (EKatz at CrawfordVentures.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player is listed as "Shockwave Flash" in Firefox Add-on Manager under "Plugins". Yes, it's confusing and I don't know why Firefox does that.

I read your other post and another user suggested to reboot the system and Firefox should show the new version. It's strange because I never have to do that before. Moreover, after I installed the new Flash version, the Adobe Confirmation screen came on saying Flash was updated successfully.  I'm going to reboot my system tonight and tomorrow morning I'll check the Flash version in Firefox again and will report my finding here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SilkPhoenix, I just rebooted Windows, which I rarely do, and the correct Flash Player version, 11.2.202.233, is now reported.  I don't know why it is necessary to reboot Windows for this, since I have never in my memory had to do this before to complete a Flash Player update, but it seems to fix the issue.  By the way, before restarting Windows, I checked in Firefox, about:plugins, and the filename being used for Flash Player corresponded to the previous version.  After rebooting Windows, it now lists correctly as:

File: NPSWF32_11_2_202_233.dll

Version: 11.2.202.233

Thanks again,

Ferenc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may not need to restart Windows, most likely just Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After I reboot my system, Firefox displayed the correct version of Adobe Flash Player aka Shockwave Player (11,2,202,233). It probably is a Firefox issue, but after reboot, it did solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines