5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2012 12:34 PM by TradeWind

Icon for go to next marker on source.... but not on Timeline?

Soshman Level 1

Am i missing something here?

I would love to be able to use an icon to go to next marker on the timeline

Is this possible? Can i add an icon?

Or i am sure there is a keyboard short cut

• 1. Re: Icon for go to next marker on source.... but not on Timeline?
          Jim_Simon Level 8

CTRL+Left or Right will go the next sequence marker.

CTRL+SHIFT+Left or Right will go to the next clip marker in a selected clip.

Edit>Keyboard Customization... will show you what shortcuts are mapped, allow changes, etc.

• 2. Re: Icon for go to next marker on source.... but not on Timeline?
            Soshman Level 1

Thanks Jim!

I would love to add Icons as i am not a good keyboard person...i love the mouse:-)

Mark

• 3. Re: Icon for go to next marker on source.... but not on Timeline?
              TradeWind Level 3

The new version of Premiere Pro (CS6) will allow you to customize the icons on the program and source monitors to add/remove any icons. It also will have an option to add chapter point next/previous shortcuts (at least that's visible in all of the previews I've seen on that feature so far). So if you're ready to upgrade, you'll have that functionality and more available directly in the program and source windows.

For the record, it's generally much faster to edit via the keyboard and avoid touching the mouse whenever possible. Nonetheless, it's still a personal preference which is why Adobe has made the shortcut editor as a new feature in CS6 so that everyone can edit however they want.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Icon for go to next marker on source.... but not on Timeline?
                Soshman Level 1

Thanks Christian:-)

Yes i am ready to upgrade as soon as it comes out!

I hear that the keyboard is faster....the problem is i cannot type without looking at my fingers

and when i look away from the screen i get lost. Its a weird effect but looking away is a huge distraction while editing

and messes with my brain and what i was last doing.

With the mouse i can keep looking at the screen:-)

A friend sent me a mouse that has a bunch of buttons that when clicked act as keyboard commands.

I need to get using it one day.

Cheers,

Mark

• 5. Re: Icon for go to next marker on source.... but not on Timeline?
                  TradeWind Level 3

Yeah, there's a company that makes jog/shuttle controllers that have a ton of customizable shortcut keys. I've never liked them, but of course I'm a keyboard editor and very proficient with it (sorry...not bragging, just acknowleging the differences).

You should get a backlit keyboard, can really help when darting your eyes on and off that giant glowing rectangle we call a computer monitor and trying to focus to a relatively dark keyboard console.