Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp HTML Image problem

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2008 Apr 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using RoboHelp HTML X5. When I try to insert an image having extension as .PNG, the RoboHelp gives an error and closes. I need to restart the machine to open it again and start wortking.
But when I insert the same image with extension as .png [ie having small letters in extensions], the RoboHelp allows to insert it and works fine.

Do anyone of you have solution on it?

Thanks.

Regards,
Girish Text

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2008 Apr 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Girish Hasabnnis
Hi,

I am using RoboHelp HTML X5. When I try to insert an image having extension as .PNG, the RoboHelp gives an error and closes. I need to restart the machine to open it again and start wortking.
But when I insert the same image with extension as .png [ie having small letters in extensions], the RoboHelp allows to insert it and works fine.

Do anyone of you have solution on it?

Hello Girish -

Uhm, change the extension to lower case? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
Use a search and replace utility - it goes quickly.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2008 Apr 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Girish,
Better still don't use pngs, use gifs instead.

Regards
AuthorCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2008 Apr 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven

Uh, why are you against PNG?

Aside from the occasional quirks we see, I use them all the time and have adopted them as my new preferred image type.

Just curious... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2008 Apr 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
I'm not epecially against PNG, but when I've tried them in the past I've had problems displaying the images in compiled output and with RoboHELP crashing (if memory serves correctly). With PNG it seems to be a function of how they're generated.

I've used Gifs mostly generated from Paintshop pro with both Frontpage, RoboHELP and Framemaker sourced documents and have never had any problems, hence my recommendation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard that the PNG format can store separate layers unless you flatten the structure before saving. RH can't handle layered images, such as PSP and Photoshop,

I'm not sure about SnagIt's PNGs, but if there's an option to keep layers or to flatten the image, choose the latter.

Maybe that will help.

And take a look at this thread.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harvey

I suppose this is why the .PNG files I use don't cause problems. I create them using SnagIt. Thus there are no layers as there would be if perhaps Fireworks was used.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2008 Apr 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Interesting point about the layers. I also "flatten" into one layer before export to GIF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp