2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2008 9:21 AM by Gayle Duncan

gradients

jorgecanta47
      hello guys
      I wanted to make a gradient image in fireworks. I'm a newby here. I've read sth about clicking on the paint bottle and then menu window should appear but i don't see such menu window altough i've clicked on the paint bottle tool.
      look forward to seeing ur replies.
      thks in advance
        • 1. Re: gradients
          Level 7
          jorge,

Select the object you want to apply a gradient to. Go to the Properties
          panel and click on the Fill category (defaults to solid), from the
          Gradient fly out select the gradient you want.
          You can then click on the color picker and tweek the gradient colors to
          your hearts content.

You will also see some drag handles appear on the object that allow you
          to manipulate how the gradient applies to the object.

alex

jorgecanta47 wrote:
          > hello guys
          > I wanted to make a gradient image in fireworks. I'm a newby here. I've read
          > sth about clicking on the paint bottle and then menu window should appear but i
          > don't see such menu window altough i've clicked on the paint bottle tool.
          > look forward to seeing ur replies.
          > thks in advance
          >
          >
          • 2. Re: gradients
            Gayle Duncan
            I'm a relative newbie as well and this always used to get me. If the button in the panel has a tiny black arrow at the bottom of it, that means the button has other options attached to it. To get to the other options, click the button and drag slightly downward. This should pop up a list. If you click the paint bucket and drag slightly, one of the options that pops up is the gradient tool. Select it, and the gradient panel should appear at the bottom of the screen. If you merely click the paint bucket button, you will get the paint bucket tool (which won't help you.)