2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2012 3:17 PM by John Boyden

Security Issue After Updating Acrobat Pro 9.5.0 to 9.5.1

John Boyden Level 1

BACKGROUND:  I have a MacPro running OSX 10.6.8.  I now have Acrobat Pro 9.5.1.  When I tried to update from Acrobat Pro 9.5.0, I received an error message that said my application could not be updated because it had been "altered" or some word to that effect.  It told me to reinstall Acrobat Pro.  I dutifully inserted Installation Disk One and began the chore.  It paused and instructed me to turn off several security items because the installation couldn't go forward until I did.  I did as I was instructed and the installation was successful including the updating of all 18 Acrobat Pro 9 updates (doesn't Adobe use Combo updates to relieve the consumer of such an arduous task?) But I digress...

The problem is that, since I did that installation and updating, I tried to remember the security items I was instructed to turn off and I turned all that I could remember back on.  It appears that I missed one or more because, when I now run MacScan, I get as high as twelve tracking cookies detected that need removal where I was getting virtually zero before.  I run MacScan daily and sometimes more often.  Since the Acrobat update, I haven't ventured to unfamiliar web sites.  I've gone to my regular sites, but I must have forgotten to close a hole somewhere. The QUESTION:  Can someone list all the security measures that Acrobat needs to have turned off before installing and updating it?  I'm stumped and I hate getting tracking cookies that I had previously prevented.