5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2012 8:06 AM by MikeKPhoto RSS

Web Module

Absolute Rotter 001 Community Member

Hi. At the risk of sounding like an absolute div; what do I need to be able to upload web galleries from the Web Module?

• 1. Re: Web Module
          b_gossweiler Community Member

Absolute Rotter 001 wrote:

Hi. At the risk of sounding like an absolute div; what do I need to be able to upload web galleries from the Web Module?

You need a directory on a web server (usually refered to by URL), to which you can FTP your gallery.

Beat

• 2. Re: Web Module
            Absolute Rotter 001 Community Member

Hi (is it Beat?)

Thanks for this. I have a web site. Is LR3 inviting me to upload the gallery to my website? The first thing that happens when I click upload is that I'm asked to logon using a  username and password. I have no idea what I'm logging on to nor what details to use

Bill

• 3. Re: Web Module
              b_gossweiler Community Member

Bill,

Yes, it's Beat ;-)

How to you usually upload web pages to your website?

Beat

• 4. Re: Web Module
                Keith_Reeder Community Member

Absolute Rotter 001 wrote:

Hi (is it Beat?)

I'm asked to logon using a  username and password. I have no idea what I'm logging on to nor what details to use

That'll be the FTP username and password to access your webspace, Bill. As Beat asks, how do you usually upload pages to your site?

The processes should be the same; but if you're using a hosted site like Blogger (for example) then you're either going to sort out some webspace (from your ISP?, perhaps?) and/or find out from whoever provides your webspace what your FTP username and password are.

• 5. Re: Web Module
                  MikeKPhoto Community Member

May sites use FTP to upload, but there are others like Google Sites that use HTTP (Web Based) access to update content.

LR works well with sites that use FTP but have not found a way yet to get web galleries to Google Sites yet - well to be honest have not put any thought into it yet.

Work of caution with the Flash Galleries, best if you create seperate folders on your site for each gallery and upload to that folder, If you just upload to your root directory you run the risk of overwriting some of the key files.

But sounds like you need to find out from whoever hosts your site how to upload content first