1 Reply Latest reply on May 29, 2012 12:22 PM by Steven.Madwin

Adobe Acrobat - Digital Signatures Security

dogfeeder911

Hi,

The business I am working for is making a push for online fill in forms for simplicity and less paperwork. At the moment they are using word docs with fill in sections that are terrible to deal with and still require you to print them out to sign it.

I have developed a PDF fill in form using Adobe LiveCycle that uses digital signatures. My only worry is how the digital signatures are created. It seems it is fairly easy to create a digital signature for someone else and use it without it being authenticated.

I have done some reading around and it seems to suggest that you are able to intergrate windows user accounts with adobe security somehow, but I am unable to find how to do this. I also don't have access to any of the windows security certificates so I will need to pass on information to the external IT company that manages it for them to do.

So, more specific question: How do I intergrate Adobe Acrobat signatures/security with windows user accounts so that only a specific list of users are able to sign forms.

Or if there is a better way of doing this let me know.

Thanks