• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from 4 to 5.5 Questions Resizing

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with the question resizing when I open a file created in Captivate 4 and save it as a Captivate 5.5.  The questions are moving over the left and the default text is changing.  Is there a way to fix this globally so I don't have to reset all the questions in each and every file?  (I have over 3000 files).

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bad news...If you have over 3000 files created with Captivate 4 being upgraded to Captivate 5.5 you have a LOT of work ahead of you.  Cp5x changed the underlying technology used in text captions.

I suggest you set up Global Object Styles in Captivate 5 to specify preferred settings for Question Title, Question Answer, and Question Text caption objects.  You need to set these up in Cp 5.5 with no project file open so that you are changing the Global style definitions, not definitions within only a project file.  You can export these styles as a set and then reimport them into upgraded projects, using the option to overwrite styles of the same name so that your new definitions become active.

This method only works reasonably well for the objects on Question slides that are fairly unique.  Even with all of this, you will face a lot of rework. 

As regards all the captions in the rest of your project file, you'll need to develop more custom styles according to need and apply them to your captions individually.  It's going to take quite a bit of experimentation to find the right settigns and then a long...long...time to apply them to all affected text captions.  There is no way to apply all of these changes across all files as if you were using some universal style sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources