4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2008 4:53 PM by duncanhall

Can't uninstall AIR - XP?

seanlailvaux
      Hi guys,

I'm trying to test my badge installer and have seen that it is not working if the user does not have AIR installed.
      It's able to install the AIR file correctly, but on other machines without the AIR runtime it fails.

Now to debug this and fix it I need to temporaroly remove the AIR runtime from my machine.
      but... it's not visible in "Add/Remove Progams" ?

I found a topic somewhere that said I could use the run command and add -uninstall to the AIR install exe.. but that didn't work either.

Could it be an issue because I have Flash CS3 and Flex installed on the same machine???

• 1. Re: Can't uninstall AIR - XP?
          Oliver Goldman Adobe Employee
          If AIR is not in the control panel, what makes you think it is still installed? (You're probably correct, but details are important.)

Can you provide the exact uninstall command you entered and the results of doing so? Try running this from the command prompt so you can capture the output.

When your application fails to install via the badge, what error/problem are you encountering?

It is not likely that this has to do with either Flash CS3 or Flex.

thanks,
          Oliver Goldman | Adobe AIR Engineering

• 2. Re: Can't uninstall AIR - XP?
            seanlailvaux Level 1
            Sorry, I left out the details:

I definitely have the AIR runtime installed.
            I have my own apps working as well as Ebay Desktop, Kuler Desktop, etc.
            Everythings running fine with them... I just can't see that I have AIR installed in my control panel.
            All file association is fine (.air files shown in "brown box" icon)

The AIR application from the badge install, installs correctly. The problem is that the AIR runtime is not installing (if you don't have AIR) and it's something to do with the badge as it's for all machines without AIR already installed... I need to be able to remove AIR from my own machine so that I can debug the badge installer issue.

I got this from a AIR forum (not this one, obviously)
            To uninstall, I find the .exe that I used to install the AIR runtime (downloaded from the Adobe site) and on a Windows PC go "Run" -> "command" ->
            Get to c:\folderThatFileIsIn\AdobeAIRInstaller.exe-uninstall

Anwyays, that doesn't work... "not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." and doesn't work if I do straight from the Run window either. I borwseed my program files folder, etc looking for where it's installed, but couldn't find it.
            • 3. Re: Can't uninstall AIR - XP?
              Oliver Goldman Adobe Employee
              For the uninstall, you're missing a space in the command before "-uninstall".

When AIR is not installed, what error does the badge give? Make sure the airversion parameter is set correctly; that's a common problem.

Oliver Goldman | Adobe AIR Engineering

• 4. Re: Can't uninstall AIR - XP?
                duncanhall Level 1
                quote:

If AIR is not in the control panel, what makes you think it is still installed? (You're probably correct, but details are important.)

This is a common theme for me, on both home and work PCs. I'm running Windows XP MCE, SP2 ,as well as Windows Vista Business. Neither OS shows AIR in the control panel programs area. I'm running AIR 1.0, and have seen it appear in the Control Panel on Vista very briefly (after one application install), before disappearing completely.