• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Literature download analytics

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to get a summary of Literature download frequency for x period (i.e. past month, past 6 months, past year)? Doing this item by items is a HUGE waste of time.

TOPICS
Reporting and analytics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Skeggs91,

There's no such report in BC. Please make sure you add it to the wishlist.

Cheers,

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I access the wishlist?  Perhaps a link in your response could be help.  Also, your new forums are a nightmare.  I login and get directed to the Adobe site and nowhere can I find anything about BC.  Have you ever tired using your own system!!!???  You might think about making the BC forums more accessible so we can easily access and use them!

Lastly, I posted the question on 4/17, yet your response posted today (4/23) is also dated 4/17?!  Looks like you have date issues as well.  Don't mean to be difficult, but you might consider your customers when you create these nightmare systems.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link to the wishlist is on the front page, but here it is as well - http://www.businesscatalyst.com/wish-list/list-public

Not sure why you'd get taken somewhere else if you are logging in to http://forums.adobe.com/community/business_catalyst. Try bookmarking that spot and go straight to it when you wish to post something.

Finally, about the date, I can only see two posts in your stuff. Not sure where that other post went, but it's not on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2012 Apr 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey skeggs91 - there was a downloads report available up until 3 months ago and it disappeared with some upgrades. It was basic but provided download rates and names of literature items across specific periods of time. It avoided us having to review hundreds of literature items to get stats. I've been chasing for an answer as to why it disappeared and whether it is being reinstated. Mario was able to provide the following answer from the product team:

"Top downloads has been removed three months ago along with the report reskin. This is the first report about downloads, so I guess this answers the question on how used the report is. Nevertheless, I believe that we should provide such a report, and that's valid not only for downloads, but for some other modules as well (like blogs).

This, along with other changes, is going to be part of the reports improvements, which should happen this year, but not before we transition the reporting to a new Adobe's nosql solution."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating - is there a reason this report was removed? I've got a few clients requesting this. While we can implement the GA tracking code, it would be much easier to just run the report within BC.

Thanks 

Here is support's response from 1st Sept 2012.

I am sorry to say that as there is no way in BC's Reports area to generate a report on the number of times a literature item was downloaded. But BC provide you the “Media Download Usage report” and “View Audit Log”. Above stated options are available on each Media Download (individually).

Workaround – You can use Google Analytics and their Event tracking (https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/eventTrackerGuide) to track how many times a piece of literature is downloaded. Technically, you can't tell if it's been downloaded officially, but you could hookup some javascript on the link that leads to the literature download.

If you don't have Google Analytics tracking code installed, do so first. Here's some info on how to install the Google Analytics code: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/#qui ckstart (https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/#quickstart)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mario

Can you ask the team to look at bringing this Media Downloads report back? I don't know how to request this.

Thanks

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

i checked or issue tracker and that's already on eng.team's plate.

Cheers,

-m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue for my client as well. They have hundreds of Media Download and were expecting to be able to view the most downloaded items easily because this is a feature that I told them about when I introduced them to BC. Now that we've launched the site, that feature has been eliminated and we need it back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been almost 2 1/2 years since Mario said the Eng team are working on it ? how much longer do we need to hold our breath. I am pretty sure they have forgotten all about it. The Media download module is very poor and limited in features and reporting capabilities. Like many little things it is a low priority for BC to fix, but it is the little things that make the features useful or not for real business situations. we can't always tell our clients to change their business practices to fit BC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just went looking for analytics for media downloads thinking "surely I'll find what I need in Reports".  Nothing.

When and how many times was something downloaded?  That's a fundamental type of question someone might ask.  In fact, my client is asking now and I don't have an answer.Super basic type of question.

That's what I get for assuming functionality.  We'll have to implement some sort of event tracking in the meantime.

If someone has a work-around, let us know.  I think I saw something somewhere.  It's 2016 now.  I bet WordPress has a way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines