3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2012 11:53 AM by JaredHess

ExtendScript Help - Why am I getting "prompt is not a function" error?

JaredHess Level 1

Hello RH friends,

I need to search through my 2200+ topic project, find any topics that use a certain image in the source and then open up that file in the wysiwyg editor to visually see what's happening to the conditional markings on those topics. I need to open them in chunks since I've determined there are some 600+  topics that has the image I'm looking for. Seems like something a script would be able to handle. Does anyone have a script that does something like this or something similar?

Anyway, I started messing around in the script editor with a test script to figure some of this out, but I get an error right off the bat when I try using the standard js prompt method to capture a text

string. I have these two lines of code in my script:

var strText = prompt ("Type a string to search for. Topics with that string will then open in the RH viewer.","i_chiclet.gif","String to Find");

alert (strText);

Running it directly from within the script editor, the prompt command works fine.

However, running the script from within RH--which is what I need to do for it to work on the current project to look at, I get a message that says:

"prompt is not a function."

What am I missing?

I'm using RH 9.02.271

Windows 7 64-Bit with adminstrator access