I've posted this question somewhere else here, but can't find it now...
Good morning, and thanks for being here to help. A few months ago I made an employee directory in InDesign. I used data merge and an Excel spreadsheet to hold the data. The merge went perfectly and I don’t believe anything since then has been changed on the spreadsheet or location of the photo files. Here’s my problem: I’m about to edit the spreadsheet by adding the names and photos of new employees. I haven’t added the names yet. I did a trial run to see if what I have already will merge correctly. Everything merges except the photos. Last time, I had a problem with getting the photos to merge. Apparently the path was too long, so I moved the photos to a new folder and the file names look like this: C:\Photos\smithjohn.psd
In the spreadsheet, the title on the column above the photo files is this: @photos.
In the spreadsheet, rename that column as '@photos
the apostrophe keeps excel from seeing the @ as an operator.
If you are still having trouble, try using just the photo names in the spreadsheet, and move the data source file into the same folder with the images.