I did the cleared the entire folder as shown below and still get the same problem...it is terminating when I create a new file and tried to save it
a preferences dialog box
- Do one of the following:
(Windows) Choose Edit > Preferences > [preference set name].
- (Mac OS) Choose Illustrator > Preferences > [preference set name].
- With nothing selected, click the Preferences button on the Control panel.
- To switch to a different preference set, do one of the following:
Select an option from the menu at the upper-left of the Preferences dialog box.
- Click Next to display the next options, or click Prev to display the previous options.
Reset all preferences to default settings
Resetting preferences can be helpful if you are having problems with the application.Do one of the following:
- Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Illustrator. Your current settings are deleted.
- Remove or rename the AIPrefs file (Windows) or Adobe Illustrator Prefs file (Mac OS). New preferences files are created the next time you start Illustrator. Note: It is safe to remove the entire Adobe Illustrator CS4 Settings folder. This folder contains various preferences that can be regenerated.
- Do one of the following:
yes I did that, it still terminates when I create a new file and tried to save it. I think it has something to do with "directory" like opening a directory or saving to a directory.
Because if I create a new file and draw anything, it appears to work fine, but as soon as I tried to save, it wil quit.
relying to your 1st question below
question ......have you checked saving in the new location?
Ans......I cannot even attempt to save, once I attempt to save, it will shut down immediately. Or else I will definetely save to a new location.
Your 2nd question
....................have you tried new user account?
ans.................Illustrator is bundled with the other programs in the the CS4 suite which altogether was registered under my name.
Are you suggesting that I un-install the entire suite so I could create a new user account. Not too clear what you mean..How do i create a new user account from within Illustrator alone ?
There is a no way to craete the new user account in Illustrator also no need to uninstall the Illustartor.
Just create a new user account of Windows from control panel....and then login out from old account and login into the new account, open teh Illustrator as it will be listed in the program files , create the file and try and save it.
NOTE: make the new user account as Administrator not standard.
I created a new administrator acct about five minutes ago , exactly as you instructed, I open Illustrator, created a new file, drew some basic shapes, then
tried to save it. There it goes again, it crashed just as before. Thanks for keeping up with my turmoil here. I am willing for you to remote access my pc via
Teamviewer 7 free software, so you could look at the problem, let me know. I am from Florida, USA, free time 8.00pm to 11.00 midnite