2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2012 7:03 AM by the_wine_snob

MPEG Codec

WorldSightMedia

Hi! I have recently installed Premiere Elements 10 and it works very well, except when I try to save in MPEG format. It goes through the rendering process, then at 100% complete, I receive the error message, "Multiplexing has failed. Please check settings and try again."

An MPG file is saved, but containing 0 bytes and, despite being the administrator, Windows insists I do not have permission to delete it. When I restart the computer, I am able to delete the file.

A re-install has not changed the situation. I am a big fan oof Adobe products and would really like to get this working properly. Can anyone help me out?

• 1. Re: MPEG Codec
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your original footage coming from and what format and resolution is it? When you started your Premiere Elements project, which project settings did you select?

What operating system are you using? Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime installed on your computer?

Which Share/Computer/MPEG output preset are you using? What happens if you output another format -- say an MOV?

• 2. Re: MPEG Codec
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, since it is Multiplexing, that is failing, how much defragmented free-space to you have on both your C:\ and your destination HDD?

With Multiplexed files (containing both the Video and Audio Streams in one discrete file), first the Video Stream is created, then the Audio Stream, and finally, those are muxed (Multiplexed) together, and the working files are Deleted automatically.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful