4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2012 7:00 AM by Frustrated in AZ

authorization issue with iPad2

andre300louw

Wgen trying to authorize my iPad 2 as a device i =et the following message - "This account has ben activated too many times"

PLease help

• 1. Re: authorization issue with iPad2
          Meemo_B

I just ran into this today.  Go to http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/supportinfo/ and when a chat representative is available choose to set up a chat - fill in the info and the rep will reset your account to free up activations.  Didn't take long at all, and the rep will wait to be sure the activation works for you.  Now I know to deactivate devices before I sell or give them away. 

• 2. Re: authorization issue with iPad2
            Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Let's start with the fact that iPads are not supported by ADE.  You're

probably running some other software, such as Overdrive.  If it is

Overdrive, there is a bug in the last update that causes multiple

authorizations of ADE during downloads.  You can call Adobe's technical

support folks and tell them that you need a reset, but if you continue to

use Overdrive with the bug, the situation will continue to happen.  Not fun.

There are a couple of ways around this.  The most direct is to put the

ebook somewhere on your hard drive and use iTunes to transfer it to your

iPad.

Hope this helps!

===============

• 3. Re: authorization issue with iPad2
              andre300louw Level 1

Nope, i have contacted their call centre, but no answer after 20 min of holding.

I am not running overdrive. Chatted to one of their online agents and after a whole lot of question he told me that i must phone Adobe. So thanks for the advice folks, but with service as **** as this i need a miracle.

I cant remeber when last, if ever, i had this much trouble sorting a problem out. I hope someone from Adobe sees this post and comes to my rescue.

The eBook i am trying to read is DRM so i cant do it like you suggested i have to download it through the website i bought it.

But thanks anyone.

• 4. Re: authorization issue with iPad2
                Frustrated in AZ Level 4

I would translate your exchange with the source of your ebook to say that

they have a process in place that uses Digital Editions for their

DRM-protected content, and that they don't support alternative methods.

Apple has its own methods of handling DRM content, and so does Amazon.

Perhaps there's another source for your ebook that is more compatible with

the Apple world?  I don't know, but I see most ebooks for sale in multiple

sites.  In any case, if you paid money to this source, I'd get it back.

=================