5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2008 2:08 PM by Benji2008

No updating of bin-debug

EdwinvD Level 1
      For some reasons the files in my bin-debug file are not being updated although I have changed a lot in the source files. Within the design-view of Flex Builder all the changes show perfectly but whenever I hit the debug or play-button the browser shows an older version of the code. This in spite of the fact that if I look at the properties of the files in the bin-debug directory they all have the 'date modified' of today. Anybody any idea
        • 1. Re: No updating of bin-debug
          ntsiii Level 3
          Make sure "Build automatically" is selected.

Look at the Problems pane to make sure there are no errors. An error *anywhere* in the project will prevent compiling.

Do Project, Clean.

Tracy
          • 2. Re: No updating of bin-debug
            EdwinvD Level 1
            I'v done all these already a zillion times as they are in every manual. They do not resolve my problem unfortunately.
            • 3. Re: No updating of bin-debug
              EdwinvD Level 1
              It gets even funnier. I created a complete new project, closed Flex, copied all the files in src to the new project, opened Flex again and see in the new project the preview in the browser is correct.
              Then I deleted in Windows Explorer the content of the bin-debug directory in the official project, opened up Flex again, builded the project and there is the old version of the project again and not the version I am looking at when I look at the Design-pane in Flex.
              I'am lost!
              • 4. Re: No updating of bin-debug
                flexsea
                quote:

For some reasons the files in my bin-debug file are not being updated although I have changed a lot in the source files. Within the design-view of Flex Builder all the changes show perfectly but whenever I hit the debug or play-button the browser shows an older version of the code. This in spite of the fact that if I look at the properties of the files in the bin-debug directory they all have the 'date modified' of today. Anybody any idea

I do see this every few days on OS X with Safari at random moments. Once I start Firefox, I get the updated app in Firefox nicely.

On my test-system, i clean Safari caches and restart Safari. Then, this are fine again.
                • 5. Re: No updating of bin-debug
                  Benji2008 Level 1
                  maybe you can use the "clean" option & rebuild :)