3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2012 7:16 PM by sinious RSS

idea help

future-architect Community Member

I would like to create a sign, so when the user hovers over it, it swings, and it makes a creaking sound.  I appreciate any help with this!

• 1. Re: idea help
          sinious MVP

Depends on your level of realism desired. You can do it simply with a MovieClip containing the graphics added into a 3d layer. If the angle isn't too extreme nobody will be able to tell it's 2d and not real 3d.

If you want real 3D then Stage3D and a framework (like Flare3D) along with some 3d software can make a real 3d object do the same thing rather easily.

Otherwise jump in After Effects or some video editing app, make a video of your content and just play the video (or sequence of images) when rolled over.

There's many ways to skin a cat all the way up and down the difficulty chain.

• 2. Re: idea help
            future-architect Community Member

I am not too familiar with flash, but would like to learn it!  I am thinking just basic for now. 

• 3. Re: idea help
              sinious MVP

Then for your needs just look into JavaScript. You can do what you want to do with HTML5 and JavaScript.