0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2012 12:27 PM by gregbown

CQ5.5 In Apache Tomcat 6

gregbown

Hello,

I am deploying the CQ5.5.0 .war file in Tomcat 6 at root.  I would like to be able to locate the crx-quickstart or sling.home directory somewhere else besides the default location in my-tomcat-instance/bin.  If I set the sling.home parameter in the WEB-INF/web.xml to anything other than the default I will get the Error org.apache.sling.api.scripting.ScriptEvaluationException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.apps.geometrixx.components.topnav.topnav_jsp on the Geometrix page and will not be able to connect to my instance with CRXDE.  If I deploy the application at anything other than root, I will have the same issue even if I leave sling.home configuration in the default location. The documentation must be missing some configuration details.  Why would it not say you must deploy at root for it to work?  Why is there no additional information to complete the process for the options presented?

I would like to know how to configure CRXDE to connect to my instance regardless of context or sling.home location.  I would like to know what configuration is missing from the documentation to allow deployment of an application or .war file at something other than root and configuring sling.home to a more suitable location other than my-tomcat-instance/bin.

Ideally I would like to be able to point to the location of the .war file via my-tomcat-instance/conf/server.xml Host tag and point to the location in my-tomcat-instance/conf/Catalina/my-cq5-site/ROOT.xml Context docBase=”the location of my cq5” but maybe I am being too ambitious here?  Knowing fully what and where the configuration is to facilitate some flexibility in the installation would be a great help.

This is the documentaion I am following http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/howto/install_application_server.html

Thank you

Greg