6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2012 1:23 PM by deimosphobos

Is it just me ? It appears my project files keep going south.

deimosphobos Level 2

Been working on a project, about an hour of footage, two cameras, Canon HF20 and Canon T3i. Seperate audio, 48K 16bit

In addition to the footage I also have,

PSD's(8), JPG's(2) and After Effects Comps(6), mainly just clips with Warp Stabiliser.

There are many edits. 80% is single track but the other 20% ranges from 2 track comps to 4 tracks.

This is what I am seeing.

I started the project, worked on it for about 3 hours, 95% done. Saving regularly. Then I closed it and went off to do something else.

Came back and opened the project. Then I noticed the preview window stayed white. I tried a preview but nothing, the audio plays and the shuttle moves but the preview window stays white.

Then I noticed that the CPU remains at 25% (Have a quad core so I assume it is running 1 core). Left it for about 5 minutes, no change, CPU stays 25%. Nothing else but Premiere running. Looked in task manager, premiere pro 25% when nothing is happening in premiere pro.

So I tried to close the project. Then Premiere Pro just hangs. Left it for 3 minutes, nothing. So I killed it by shooting it in task manger.

Tried it 3 times, same story. Tried rebooting, same story.

Finally I started a new project and imported the troubled project into that. Worked like a champ, previerw window previews as expected and all is great.

Well, this seems to happen each time I close the project, then I have to start a new project and import the old one, except my luck just ran out. Luckily I am finished and busy with the render but dread having to go back and make any touch-ups, since the import trick doesn't appear to work anymore.

Is this a known issue ? Am I doing sometihng wrong ? Is there a feasible workaround ?

Thanks

Art