3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2012 8:05 PM by Trevor.Dennis

Where do CS5.5 presets go?

LadyJemima Level 1

Right now, I'm setting up a brand new iMac with CS5.5. I had just gotten vaguely familiar with CS5 on my laptop, and I was hoping to simply copy and paste my Keyboard Shortcuts, Preferences, and Workspace files into the same folders on the new computer. Alas, the file setups seem to be somewhat different.

What I can't figure out is WHERE Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator actually savet Presets to. They seem to be able to access my "old" files from if I drop them into certain folders through the Applications menu (see list below) but when I try to save a new Workspace or Keyboard Shortcut list, these files seem to disappear into a magical hidden folder that I cannot find.

To reiterate - below are the only locations for shortcuts/workspaces/preferences that I can find (via the Applications folder) and while the programs will read my presets from them, but they are not saving new presets to these locations:

Keyboard Shortcuts

PS - will read from, but not save to, Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5.5/Locales/en_US/Support Files/Shortcuts/Mac

AI - will also read from, but not save to, Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5.5/Locales/en_US/Support Files/Shortcuts/Mac

ID - will also read from, but not save to, Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5.5/Locales/en_US/Support Files/Shortcuts/Mac

Workspaces

PS - will read from, but not save to, Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5.5/Locales/en_US/Additional Presets/Mac/Workspaces

AI - will read from, but not save to, Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS5.5/Presets/en_US/Workspaces

ID - will also read from, but not save to, Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5/Presets/InDesign Workspaces/en_US

I haven't even begun to mess with my Pref files because I'm exhausted. Please....any help would be greatly appreciated!