• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Buttons and UI Components need double click to work. Any Solution?

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just finished making an application for Kiosk in Flash. However while testing I noticed that the buttons I used and UI components like textfield, textarea, radiobuttons, etc need to be touched twice to make them function. Can anyone tell why this happens and how to solve this issue? Its very frustrating for a user to keep clicking on the component to make it active first and then make it work.

Note: Is it like Flash UI components need time to get active on screen and then they function?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your environment or add a .net script.

Based on your problem I'm assuming

Kiosk = .net system

Touch = IE activeX object = IE forcing the user to interact with the object FIRST.

Add a script trigger a mouse click, or disable the naitve .net feature.

If its another issue, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply ReshapeMedia.

What I want to say is I have a Flash exe file which contains feedback form for customers. This exe is displayed on Kiosk where user can interact with it using touch screen. The problem here is - when user touches (clicks) on the input field on screen or selects a radio button, it takes him several attempts to do so. In other words, user keeps on touching and tapping to activate the input field first and then somehow it gets activated and after multiple touches it allows them to enter the data/ radio button is selected and other buttons functions.

This obviously adds to users frustration.

This application is not loaded in IE so there is no browseer involved here.

You mentioned a script trigger a mouse click. What is that? (I have addEventListener on my buttons already) Kindly explain a bit. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure about "twice"? Maybe the screen is simply not really well calibrated and people miss the controls? You can test that out with a bigger interactive elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines