• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Update of 64 Bit Flash 11 on Vista Turns Zombie

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Early this morning there was an update of Flash 11 on my Vista Home Premium system.  In this case, it was Flash 11, 64-Bit Plugin.  Everything went fine and it completed successfully.  However, Flash has disappeared from my system - kind of.  It's there and it's not there too.

Flash-Update.jpg

The graphic below shows that my system thinks Flash 11 is installed.  However, nothing can find it including a file/directory search and my browser, which is Firefox in my case.  Note that the file size of the plugin install and the Flash 11 player updated a few days ago are now both zero.  The Flash help center can't find it either and thinks it's not installed on my system at all.

Anyone else having a similar problem?  All components of Flash 11 were working last night before the update.

Cheers,

Lonnie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First question: can you actually see Flash content (e.g. the spinning red F at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/)?

If not, then: what files do you have in

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Regarding the size in the Programs and Features panel: this has always shown this way, as Flash Player is not an executable program (just a browser add-on).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer to the first question is that the Abobe help site does not see anything installed for Flash.  That is, the box is empty as if you have noting installed.

Here are the visual answers to the System32 and SysWOW64 questions:

Flash-System32.jpg

Flash-SysWOW64.jpg

Obviously, they are not empty, but noting in the OS or the Adobe help site sees the content here.

Thanks for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Firefox type  about:plugins  into the address bar; does Shockwave Flash show as an enabled plugin?

Either way, try a clean install according to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315, then download and run the 64-bit installers from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Install_in_a_...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pat,

Yes, running the uninstall procedure in the discussion thread plus the manual actions you included did the trick.  I have two active users on my system, so I did the manual procedures (deleting %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player + %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player) on both users just to be safe.

So, now I am back up and running.

Thanks for your help,

Lonnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines