2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2012 2:15 PM by RandySwineford

New! Import and Export Form Design Files

RandySwineford Adobe Employee

You can now export your form design to a Design File . You or other users can import the Design file and create a new form file from it.

Use Cases / Benefits

• You can share your designs as templates for others to easily re-use
      • You can create corporate branded form templates that can be used by your company's employees
      • You can archive your form designs locally for later use

How It Works

To export a design file open a form file, go to the Design tab and select “Export Design File…” from File menu. The file extension of the exported Design File will be ".FCDT" - FormsCentral Design Template.

FCDT-Export.PNG

To import a design file go to the “My Forms” dashboard and select “Import Design File…” from File menu. Select the desired .FCDT file.

FCDT-Import.PNG

NOTE: The FCDT file contains the form Design only – it does not contain options, responses or summary reports.

This feature is availabe to free and paid users of FormsCentral.

Please send us your feedback on this feature. Enjoy!

• 1. Re: New! Import and Export Form Design Files
          LaMcD

Hi

It states that you can save your design and open it "This feature is availabe to free and paid users of FormsCentral" but it is greyed out on the free version. Will not let me import design I created. I had issues with the first design and tried to redesign and ended up with more issues that combined the first design with the second design.

Can someone assist me with this, please,

Thank you for your time and consideration,

L.McD

• 2. Re: New! Import and Export Form Design Files
            RandySwineford Adobe Employee

A free account only allows you to have one form in your My Forms tab. The import is likely greyed out because you can't import a second design. You would need to upgrade your account to import your design file if you already have a form in the My Forms tab.

Randy