5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2012 9:38 AM by ukwildcat100

Auto Analyzer

ukwildcat100

I have tried to auto analze a number of my videos which were shot using my DSLR, they are MP4 files but I keep getting the same message that "one or more selected files could not be analyzed", this is whilst in the Premier Elements window, ig I try in the organizer I get the "auto analyer has skipped one or more files because of potential problems".. I have treid deleting the files and importing them again but no joy any ideas please?

• 1. Re: Auto Analyzer
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camera are these videos coming from? How did you get them into your computer?

When you started your Premiere Elements project, did you select the correct project specs for this footage? This is a very important step as when you do this the first time, the program installs important components on your computer that allows the program to work with this type of file.

While Premiere Elements can work with footage from high-end DSLRs (like the Canon 5D), it can not work with all footage from all still cameras and doesn't do well with MP4s.

• 2. Re: Auto Analyzer
            ukwildcat100 Level 1

Steve, Thanks or the reply, I have to apologise, after looking back into the files I realized that the videos were primarily taken with a smartphone and then uploaded to the PC and copied across, that being said there are alos some .mov files as well as MP4, I will look at the set up whn I start a new project again and see if that helps, I may be back!!! Thnks again..

• 3. Re: Auto Analyzer
              ukwildcat100 Level 1

Steve have treid numerous differnt setups but non will run, I assume its the vidoe files themselves and the quality of them from the phone?

• 4. Re: Auto Analyzer
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

No. Unfortunately, Premiere Elements does not work well with video from mobile devices. It's designed to work pretty much only with camcorder video. Sorry.

• 5. Re: Auto Analyzer
                  ukwildcat100 Level 1

Thanks mate, appreciate the help.