0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2012 12:51 PM by AspenTree

Flex Ant SDK giving compile warnings not present in Flex Builder

AspenTree

We have a project when  we complie from Flash Builder 4 it compiles as expected with no errors. However when we do an ANT build on a build machine with no Flash Builder installed, the same code (checked out from SVN) and same Flex SDK we have started to get an error: "Error: Access of possibly undefined property labelName through a reference with static type ..."

If I Run As the ant build from inside eclipse it builds fine and no errors (I verified the SDKs are the same). I can "work around" this by using show-actionscript-warnings="false" in the build.xml file, I'd rather not have to do this.

The error labelName property in the component that is referenced in the error is indeed marked public and it is [Bindable]. In fact the component that it says this error is associated with hasn't changed in a couple months.

Some other info that might be of interest on our system that builds the deploy version:

1. Our build box is running mac os x (10.5.6), Processor: 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory: 2GB

2. Flex SDK 4.1A

3. Java version 1.5.0_13

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_13-b05-237)

JavaHotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_13-119, mixed mode, sharing)

4. Ant -version: Apache Ant version 1.7.0 compiled on February 29 2008

Any ideas as to what could be causing this "phantom" error in our module? How to fix? Hints or other avenues to pursue?

Thanks,

Mike Weiland