Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font size changes between Export and Import

Contributor ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate v5.5

My office in Germany is translating existing project from English to German.

They export a slide from v5.5 to be translated (in Word)...make the required translation and then import it back into Captivate v5.5

Problem is the original font size when exported is Tahoma Regular 11 but when the translated document is imported it arrives back in Captivate as Tahoma Regular 10.

The font size during and after the translation is Tahoma Regular 11. The change to size 10 is happening during the import into Captivate v5.5

Any ideas why and how to make sure the font keeps the same size (11 in this case) when imported ?

Noel

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problem with 5.5 in that the bullets may or may not import back into the caption and line spacing changes. 

I was told that it helps to be in admin mode, but I am unable to do that so any help from others would be greatly appreciated.

Kelli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,

Are text captions set to be rescaled automatically. German text is perhaps much longer than English version?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Good idea. I will check with my Hamburg office and see what they have got set up.

Before I do - what should the correct setting be...to rescale or not to rescale ?

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto Rescale Captions in the CP - file

I always turn it off by default, but turn it on when having to import translated captions:

AutoSize.png

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks...Hamburg office now checking and testing.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources