4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2012 10:38 AM by prodigalmaster

Animation plays on click but after that it wont go to next frame please help.

ThePro s7

I am making a sniper game where you just look through the scope and shoot the right person, but i cant get the coding to work or it just wont go to the next frame when the dude is dead. I have a bunch of fake people on the screen and only one actually does something. That main dude is a movieclip with a button inside of that. In the movieclip i made an animation and in the button code within that i put the code

on (press) {

play();

}

that part works so when i click him (or snipe him whatever) it plays the animation i made of his head popping off, but i want to make it so that after it plays the animation it goes to the next frame where i made another level.  Ive tried many different codes in different places but none of them bring me to the next frame at all they just only play the animation. The code that i thought i should use is

on (press) {

gotoAndStop(3);

}

I know the code is right and should bring me to frame 3 because i used that code on my start up screen to have an instruction frame and it works ive also made platform games using gotoAndStop to bring me to the next level. Ive also tried making a new scene and having it goto that but it wont work .  Someone please help i would really appreciate it.