2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2012 9:38 AM by dprev

AICC Tracking Issue - Presenter 7.0.7

dprev Level 1

We are hoping to migrate our developers to Presenter 7.0.7; however, we have run into a peculiar issue with AICC communication. 

Some background info:

• We have a SumTotal TotalLMS (v8.2) which resides on a SSL-enabled site (https); there is a content server that is local to the application (same domain). 
      • We have an Adobe Connect Enterprise server (v6) which is not SSL-enabled (http).  We do not use any of the meeting/virtual classroom features of the ACE server, it is nothing more than a repository of published Presenter content.
      • We also have a typical .NET 4/IIS 7.5 remote content server which is sometimes used to house published Presenter content which---for non-technical reasons---cannot be published to the ACE server or the content server local to the LMS.

In the past, we have been able to place AICC content published with Presenter 6.1 on any of these three environments and have it track correctly in the LMS.

When published with Presenter 7.0.7, such content will only track when it is installed on the content server local to the LMS.  AICC communication fails when content is placed on the ACE server or the remote content server and launched from the LMS.  Content is also noticeably slower to start when launched from either of these two environments through the LMS.

We have seen similar behavior with Captivate 4 content published as AS3 and we know that Presenter 7.0.7 publishes exclusively to AS3.  We also know that Adobe has released patches for Captivate 5 (which also publishes exclusively to AS3) to resolve AICC tracking issues.

Is this a cross domain policy issue?  If not, is there something in Presenter 7.0.7 that also needs to be patched?

I'm curious if other users have encountered this problem with Presenter 7.0.7?  I have seen several similar issues reported in the Captivate forums.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts,

Dave

• 1. Re: AICC Tracking Issue - Presenter 7.0.7
          flyingj481 Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Does the AICC reporting work with Preseneter 7.0.6? If so, then it is something related to the switch to AS3 with 7.0.7.

• 2. Re: AICC Tracking Issue - Presenter 7.0.7
            dprev Level 1

Hi Jorma,

Yes, the AICC reporting did work with Presenter 7.0.6.  I agree that it is likely something related to AS3.

As an experiment, we also published a few Captivate 4 test cases targeting different Flash Player versions.  (Captivate 4 allows AS2 content to be published to Flash Player 7, 8, 9 and 10; it allows AS3 content to be published to Flash Player 9 and 10.)  The purpose was to rule out the Flash Player as being the culprit.  All AS2 test cases tracked fine via AICC, regardless of the Flash Player version and regardless of the environment they were placed on (local or remote).  The AS3 test cases did not track via AICC, unless they were installed on the content server local to the LMS.

Using an HTTP sniffer, it appears that 'crossdomain.xml' is logged in the session history whenever AS2 content (on a remote content server) is launched within the LMS.  This is what I would expect.

However, 'crossdomain.xml' is never logged in the session history whenever AS3 content (on a remote content server) is launched within the LMS.

So again, I wonder if it is a crossdomain policy issue, or is it something in the published AS3 content that is failing to query 'crossdomain.xml'.  My opinion is that it is the latter and the fact that Adobe created a hotfix to address a similar AICC tracking issue in Captivate 5 seems to support that.