1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 8, 2008 2:58 AM by rlc5611

Trying to export a older flash file in player 8, having issues.

mefleury
      i have this flash file that is written for player 5. i had to republish in player 8 to take advantage of the anti aliasing features available, however, i seem to have a problem with a secondary swf that gets pulled in to the main movie. the secondary swf targets player 5 as well. when i republished for player 8, i got these compiling errors. can anyone tell me why this won't work if i publish in 8, but works publishing in 5?

while (Number(n)<19) {
      n = Number(n)+1;
      bn = "kv" add n;
      duplicateMovieClip("kv", bn, n);
      setProperty(bn, _x, Number(getProperty(bn, _x))+Number(n*getProperty(bn, _width)));
      setProperty(bn add "/b", _x, getProperty (bn add "/b", _x) + (random (20)+1));
      }

it must be a syntax issue as the original code is AS1.0. Does anyone know what this would need to look like to work publishing for player 8?
        • 1. Re: Trying to export a older flash file in player 8, having issues.
          rlc5611 Level 1
          The only real problem is that "add" is no longer supported. It should be:

while (Number(n)<19) {
          n = Number(n)+1;
          bn = "kv" + n;
          duplicateMovieClip("kv", bn, n);
          setProperty(bn, _x, Number(getProperty(bn, _x))+Number(n*getProperty(bn, _width)));
          setProperty(bn + "/b", _x, getProperty (bn + "/b", _x) + (random (20)+1));
          }

But this will have yet another problem if the "n" is not defined prior to the while loop. Flash 5 assumed undefined variables were 0. Flash 8 assumes undefined variables are undefined.

But a newer and improveder version of the script would be something like: