1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 25, 2012 6:10 AM by TradeWind

Cloud AND Retail

Missteach Level 1

Hi - anyone know if I can rent PPCS6 via cloud for a couple of months and subsequently buy it outright in the normal way?

I realise I would have to pay full price for the normal DVD disc and lose the 2 months rental.

Just wondering if it can be done on the same PC.  I ask in case I want to test Cloud but want the option to discontinue if it doesn't suit me.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Cloud AND Retail
          TradeWind Level 3

Yes. The current pricing is $79/month for Creative Cloud full subscription on a month-to-month basis, or rent ONLY Premiere Pro CS6 for $29.99/month.

If you already OWN Premiere Pro CS5.5, it's only $149 to upgrade, so you MIGHT be better off just purchasing it.

There's no limitation on the month-to-month subscription except that when you cancel, you can't use the software anymore. It will STILL be on your computer, however, so if you cancel your subscription and then purchase Premiere Pro CS6 or the Production/Master suites outright, you'd just need to enter the new license code.

If you own CS3, CS4, CS5 or CS5.5, the Creative Cloud is only $29/month (annual subscription) and that's a pretty good deal if you plan to use more than just Premiere Pro in your work.