5 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2012 12:21 PM by deb1992

MOV files pending in CS5.5

deb1992 Level 1

We are running CS5.5 on a Windows 7 machine.  We have a short sequence (under 7 minutes) with several MOV files in it.  Lately when we open the project, a few clips will show "pending", even after it shows that the project has loaded.  We've tried deleting the media cache, media cache database, CFA, PEK, and Qtindex files.  Each time we open the project, different files show "pending".  When you try linking the footage or doing anything else with the project, including closing, PPro shows "not responding"---even after several minutes. 

We've tried opening earlier auto-save files, with the same results.  We are current with Adobe and Windows updates.  We've tried opening the MOV files in Quicktime and Windows Media Player---they play fine in both programs. Please advise.

• 1. Re: MOV files pending in CS5.5
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Tune your system, optimize your disk setup and get rid of MOV formats are the first things to come to mind.

• 2. Re: MOV files pending in CS5.5
            deb1992 Level 1

We've used MOV files in most of our projects without any problem.  I believe we've gone through the suggestions on the best setup for PPro and followed the steps as much as possible.  What could be causing different files to show as pending each time we open the project?

• 3. Re: MOV files pending in CS5.5
              Harm Millaard Level 7

Waiting for the info from the disk(s). This can be caused by indexing, compression, background processes and services, insufficient disks, fragmentation and filling up of the disks, anti-something running, 32-bit QT server processes, etc. Hard to tell without details.

• 4. Re: MOV files pending in CS5.5
                trajoj

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

My only workaround seems to be to copy all of the media from a sequence, create a new one, and paste it in EVERY TIME I open Premiere Pro CS5.5

I've spend hours, yes HOURS! on the phone with technical support and probably about 15-20 hours over a couple of days trying to get it figured out. All to no success.

At one point a lady from Adobe fixed one project - but since we were disconnected on the phone she was just doing the stuff remotely on the computer and not on the phone. Though she took my phone number at the beginning of the initial phone call, she told me she couldn't actually call me back through the online chat tool we were using while she worked on my computer (Remote controlled). She said it'd be 2-3 hours until a call back, and it wouldn't be her. #fail

What they don't realize is that some of us do video for a job, and paying good money for a program that won't work doesn't fly. URGH!!! So painful.

premiere-pro-media-pending-5-23-2012.jpg

• 5. Re: MOV files pending in CS5.5
                  deb1992 Level 1

We found a workaround.  We renamed our MOV files to MPG files, then imported them into PPro and they work fine.  Hope this helps.