11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2012 11:11 AM by ntreuter RSS

LR4 doesn't import video files .avi and cannot playback

marco.scarinci

Hello,

I have a big issue with my brand new Lightroom 4.

I've been working on my updated catalog (from LR3) very well, since I tried to import fotos and videos from my second camera (olympus E-PL1).

This "old" catalog contains RAW files (NEF and ORF), Jpeg and Video files (.avi).

In LR3 I had no problems in importing video file and in playing the back with the external player.

Now in LR4 is a real disaster!

I cannot even import .avi files properly.

LR is importing fotos but is giving a failure message on most of the video (avi) file.

Sometimes it imports just few videos and sometimes none of them.

I've tried to import them in differnt way: from camera directly, from a card reader, from an external drive and even from the c: hard drive. i've tried to move, and to add them in catalog. NO WAY!

I've also tried to clean the video cache: no changes. To disable GL accelerator: no results. I have no further idea.

I can play these video files in all applications, from WMP to Quicktime. I have also Vlan installed.

Furthermore, while trying to import or playback videos. LR4 is slowing up in a very strange way. And sometime is crashing the last imported session (files not foud)

I've tried to reinstall it, but I didn't see any different result.

I've searched everywhere in the web for a possible solution, but I didn't find anything.

Avi file I'm talking about are coming from a olympus camera E-PL1, they are in 720p.

Please help me, beacuse I am very disappointed wih thios new video feature.

Thank you in advance!

Marco