6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2015 12:41 AM by zubairk68088887

FLA or SWF to HTML5 Conversion

ChadXSO

I am trying to figure out the best way to convert an existing site (90% Flash / SWF) to HTML5, so that it works on the iPhone and iPad (or other mobile devices).

So far, I have decided Flash CS6 with the CreativeJS Toolkit is the route to go.

Someone (at Adobe) mentioned Dreamweaver CS5.5 can do it (convert the FLA or SWF to HTML5).

I have not found this to be true.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for me?

• 1. Re: FLA or SWF to HTML5 Conversion
          Quill707 Level 1

As a suggestion, you could try using different tools. Flash is not capable of exporting directly into HTML5 (Yet, wait for the release of CS6), but you can directly convert the existing .SWF assets into HTML5 canvas and CSS transformation. One tool that I know of which can do this, is Sothink's SWF decompiler. It isn't remotely perfect, but could be a temporary solution until CS6 is released.

Dreamweaver, to my knowledge, doesn't have that capability but it could be possible using an extension, if such exists.

• 2. Re: FLA or SWF to HTML5 Conversion
            Johnsmith105 Level 1

hey, chadXSO

I want to know that have you ever resolved your problem, and I believe that you have done!

Could you tell me which tool that you used? Now I have the same problem(the best way to convert an existing site (90% Flash / SWF) to HTML5, so that it works on the iPhone and iPad (or other mobile devices).), and someone asked me to convert swf files to html5 video, so i found this tool-swf to html5 movie maker, but i don't know how to use it, and can you tell me the tool you use? or you could tell me how to use this tool for our same question.

download here:http://www.html5-movie-maker.com/swf-to-html5-movie-converter/

thanks for everyone's reading

• 3. Re: FLA or SWF to HTML5 Conversion
              merry flip

well, as to your problem, you may try to google search to find different tools, there are many online or offline tools on the web, personally i would prefer to use digital publishing software to convert swf to html files easily, try to visit: http://www.xflip.com/digital-magazine-software.html

well, nice to contribute to the discussion, we can exchange ideas with each other. it's a very great topic!

• 4. Re: FLA or SWF to HTML5 Conversion
                kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

flash pro cs6+ with the createJS extension is capable of exporting timeline animations compatible with html5.  it is superior to the software at the above two links because your exported project is setup to add interactivity (and any other javascript capable feature).

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: FLA or SWF to HTML5 Conversion
                  Johnsmith105 Level 1

yes, a powerful tool from you, but dose it support output html5? i want my swf files can be played well on mobile phones and quickly readed on browsers.

• 6. Re: FLA or SWF to HTML5 Conversion
                    zubairk68088887

SWf To Fla And Fla ,SWF TO Html5 conversion On fIverr.com/zubairsafi

Convert Flash SWF to HTML5 files, and then you can play it normally in HTML5 compatible browser.Enable visitors to enjoy your Flash movies on PC, iPad, iPhone and other devices that support HTML5

You Will Get the Following

HTML5(.html/.css)

JavaScript (.js)

Sliced Images

Sprite Sheet (on complex animation)