3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2012 7:52 AM by Quill707

can i use flash for marketing?

thunderxlight11111

hi guys... can i use flash in market program  ( for buying and selling and customer name etc..) like visual basic and microsoft office access  but i dont like vb lot i want it to  be in flash and action script 3:0

and if the answer (yes) ?

can i have name of the book please

thank you

• 1. Re: can i use flash for marketing?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can use what you develop in Flash for whatever commercial purpose you have in mind.  You cannot market Flash as a product without dealing with Adobe as a business partner.  I doubt anyone knows what book you are talking about.

• 2. Re: can i use flash for marketing?
            sinious Most Valuable Participant

Yes you can build a full scale reliable desktop application in Flash and sell it if that's what you're most interested in.

You don't really need books. Googling around for tutorials or asking questions here is just as good. If you've never developed an application before then let us know because you'd need the basics before you try to build it in any language.

• 3. Re: can i use flash for marketing?
              Quill707 Level 1

I would advise proper punctuation and grammar on a public forum, but to answer your questions, yes, yes you can! Flash can be used to produce any commercial imagery or animations for the purpose of making profit, as long as you have a valid license you purchased from Adobe. You bought it, you can use it for whatever you want.

By "book", I assume you mean the "tutorial" book series made by Adobe? If so, the name of the series is "Classroom in a Book", there's one for each versions of Flash. Personally it hasn't been of much use and I would advise simply practicing by yourself and getting familiar with the tools. Look for online tutorials and publicly available projects and see how they work.