0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2012 8:41 AM by ksukat

How to fix: Error: value of filter must be a collection

ksukat Level 1

Greetings,

Have an app that I am creating in flashbuilder 4.5, php and postgresql.  Using Zend AMF.

In my app I have defined a service.  I have had not problems with pulling data and inserting data

by calling my php functions through the service.

I added a new php funciton and then made it available in flex.  Set it as the dataProvider for a

dropdownlist component.   Ran the app and got the error:

Error: value of filter must be a collection

at valueObjects::_Super_CustomDatatype3/set filter()[C:\Projects\Team4_FLEX\src\valueObjects\_Super_CustomDatatype3.as:203]

at com.adobe.serializers.utility::TypeUtility$/assignProperty()[C:\depot\flex\ide_trunk\ide_ builder\com.adobe.flexbuilder.dcrad\serializers\src\com\adobe\serializers\utility\TypeUtil ity.as:611]

at com.adobe.serializers.utility::TypeUtility$/convertToStrongType()[C:\depot\flex\ide_trunk \ide_builder\com.adobe.flexbuilder.dcrad\serializers\src\com\adobe\serializers\utility\Typ eUtility.as:562]

at com.adobe.serializers.utility::TypeUtility$/convertResultHandler()[C:\depot\flex\ide_trun k\ide_builder\com.adobe.flexbuilder.dcrad\serializers\src\com\adobe\serializers\utility\Ty peUtility.as:436]

at mx.rpc.remoting::Operation/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::processResult()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\remoting\Operation.as:316]

at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::resultHandler()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AbstractInvoker.as:313]

at mx.rpc::Responder/result()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\Responder.as:5 6]

at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AsyncR equest.as:84]

at NetConnectionMessageResponder/resultHandler()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx \messaging\channels\NetConnectionChannel.as:552]

at mx.messaging::MessageResponder/result()[E:\dev\4.5.1\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\messa ging\MessageResponder.as:235]

I looked at the Network Monitor tab and examined the call/response.  Response body shows no error and the Response result shows the data returned by my php function.  It si all correct.

Ran configure return type again.  Let it auto-detect and return type from sample data. The properties returned looked just fine.

Looked at the _Super_CustomDatatype3.as on line 203 and that is in a set filter function.

How to I correct this problem ?

thanks for any help.