0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2012 9:42 AM by mofqr

    SQLite Database and TLF Text in Flash CS5

    mofqr

      I encountered the following problem when working with the built-in sqlite database and using TLF TextFields in Flash CS5

       

      When I tried to use TLF TextFields alone, I don't face any probelem,

      but when I start using a database connectivity code, the TLF TextFields placed on the stage are not shown, but instead, the SWF file is showing the built-in preloader with five dots looping.

       

      I tried changing the default Linkage in ActionScript 3 Settings to Merge Mode, but in this case nothing is shown, not the textfields, neither the preloader.

       

      I think the problem is related to loading the TLF Text Engine, but I couldn't figure out what to do.

       

      The following is my code placed in first frame:

       

      ==========================================

       

      import flash.data.SQLConnection;

      import flash.events.SQLErrorEvent;

      import flash.events.SQLEvent;

      import flash.filesystem.File;

       

      var conn:SQLConnection = new SQLConnection();

       

      conn.addEventListener(SQLEvent.OPEN, openHandler);

      conn.addEventListener(SQLErrorEvent.ERROR, errorHandler);

       

      // The database file is in the application directory

      var folder:File = File.applicationDirectory;

      var dbFile:File = folder.resolvePath("DBSample.db");

       

      conn.openAsync(dbFile);

       

      function openHandler(event:SQLEvent):void

      {

          trace("the database was created successfully");

      }

       

      function errorHandler(event:SQLErrorEvent):void

      {

          trace("Error message:", event.error.message);

          trace("Details:", event.error.details);

      }

       

      stop();

       

      ==========================================

       

      and I am using one TLF TextField on the stage for later use.

       

      Publish Settings>> Player: AIR 2.6

       

      and not to forget, when I test the file using Contol Panel >> Test in Air Debug Launcher (Desktop), the file is working correctly.

      but when I open the generated SWF file, the problem appears.

       

      I hope that I find some help

      Thanks.