3 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2012 10:02 AM by the_wine_snob

Lost project

Mark3807054

I was in the middle of doing a project when my PC stated that Premier Elements had stopped responding and needed to be shut down.

When I started premier again my project name was there, but the contents were not. The project has been running for most of the day and has periodically saved. I have also closed premier down, opened it up again and carried on from where I left off. Is there any chance of recovering this project?

I would be gratful of any help.

Kind regards,

Mark

• 1. Re: Lost project
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What about an earlier, auto saved project?

• 2. Re: Lost project
            Mark3807054 Level 1

Fantastic. That did the job!

• 3. Re: Lost project
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news.

Remember, AutoSave files are FIFO (Frst In - First Out), and there are set numbers of AutoSaves, set in Edit>Preferences, with 5 being the default. What this means is that AutoSave 3 might be newer than AutoSave 5, depending on when the AutoSave was implemented. I always recommend that one change Windows Explorer (not sure how it would be in Mac's Finder) to Detail View, and study the Time/Date of those AutoSave files, choosing the last one created, regardless of what its AutoSave "number" is.

Good luck, and glad that John T. got you up and editing. I also recommend one use Save_As, when doing major edits, to allow one to go back, to previous versions, and then, they will also have the AutoSaves for each Project version - more safety nets.

Hunt