• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting Flash Quiz

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a survey (un-graded quiz) animation that I need to insert into a Captivate 5.5 slide. I tried inserting as animation but file did not play. The animation includes a ball that advances towards the goal as user answers each question correctly. Do I need to insert as a widget?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you coded this as a widget, DO NOT insert as a widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It'snot coded as a widget. So that eliminates that option. Would you or anyone know why it isn't working for me when inserted as an animation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How was the animation created? 

Did you create a survey quiz in Captivate and then publish it as a SWF to insert?  Or did you create this interaction in Flash and publish it as a SWF?  Was it set to play automatically?

Since Captivate 5.5 only supports AS3 and not AS2, did you make sure your SWF was published as AS3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was created in Flash (AS3) and published as a SWF. It is set to play automatically. It does have an XML file though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just inserted the SWF into Captivate, even if you copied the XML into the same publish folder, the SWF will probably not be able to find the XML.  You need to play around with the code in your Flash file to change the path to the XML so that it will work once the SWF is embedded.  Alternatively, you can try externalising the SWF in Preferences > Project > Publish Settings and see if that works.  But it still might require changes in the AS code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks RodWard. I tried externalizing, but it still didn't work. Are you able to take a look at the Flash code for me to see what needs to be changed in the path to the XML?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources