3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2012 1:10 PM by Steve Grisetti

MPEG1

firedog841

How do I create an MPEG1 file in Adobe Premiere Elements 9?

• 1. Re: MPEG1
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I'm not sure you can -- or why you'd want to. But you can certainly create an MPEG2 using Share/Computer/MPEG with the MPEG2 options.

If there is an option to back-tech it to MPEG1, you'll find it by clicking the Advanced button on the Share panel.

• 2. Re: MPEG1
            firedog841 Level 1

Thanks Steve, I'm doing legal video work and as odd as it seems, there's a very popular software that attorneys use and it requires MPEG1 files. Looking at Adobe's website it clearly states that you can export an MPEG1 file but I spent "HOURS" trying to figure it out and couldn't. Then when i went online to chat, the guy told me that he couldn't chat because they only support the latest version...then I called and the guy said "it's a minimum of $40" to talk...both of whom directed me to the website where again there was no clear answer.

In looking at the advanced settings is shows that you can set the minimum, target and maximum Mbps to 1.5. When I look online an MPEG1 is at 1.5 Mbps. The only other part would be the frame size which can't seem to be changed. I wanted it at 352 x 240 but it's set at 720 x 480.

Hopefully I have it dummed down far enough for the litigation software. I even called the software company and asked them if they could take MPEG2 but the guy said "yeah, it's been awhile since we've updated our software"...Geesh...ya think?

Thanks for your thoughts!

John

• 3. Re: MPEG1
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If that doesn't work, try just delivering a standard DVD-ready MPEG2, John. See if that works.