2 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2012 8:00 AM by BanksMeador

FCP to PP Blackmagic frame rate settings question

BanksMeador

Hello everyone. FCP to PP editor here, and as I attempt to monitor my AVC-Intra 100 1080HD 23.976 footage on an external monitor via my Blackmagic Studio card, I seem to be missing a setting that was available in FCP 7.

I'm hoping someone can help me either find the switch or confirm that it does not exist in PP.

The video output menu in FCP7 (when used with Blackmagic cards anyway) has a handy 23.976 ->59.94 8 bit HD conversion output that allows me to monitor in a frame rate my consumer Samsung display can accept.

In Premiere CS 5.5, I understand that I need to choose the Blackmagic sequence preset that matches my footage (I've chosen the Uncompressed preset at 1080HD/23.976 so I can also choose ProRes422 for my preview file codec). My external monitor can't display 23.976, so I'm hoping there's a way to tell my Blackmagic card to still do that conversion I'm so fond of in FCP7 (to 59.94)... Whether it's through a Blackmagic setting or a PP setting, I'd like to know if it's possible. I know the hardware can do it... just wondering if there's a way PP can acheive it.

By the way, I did have the thought to use a 29.97 sequence/timeline, and it works great for monitoring, but playback continually stops, even when files have been rendered.

Thanks so much for any input!

Banks