2 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2012 10:10 PM by Robert J. Johnston

Access to folder crashes Premiere Elements 10

Larry6788

Whenever I request access to a folder such as "File Save To"  or "Export To" or Import From. the folder dialog opens for a brief instant then the program quits.

• 1. Re: Access to folder crashes Premiere Elements 10
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This usually indicates a bug in the operating system or a lack of hardware resources.

What operating system are you running? If Windows, have you manually gone to Windwos Update and ensured you have even the non-critical updates (which are not installed automatically)?

How fast is your processor, how much RAM do you have and how much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your C or main hard drive? (When did you last run Disc Cleanup and the Defragmenter?)

Are you editing to your C drive or to a second or external drive?

• 2. Re: Access to folder crashes Premiere Elements 10
            Robert J. Johnston Level 2

This can happen if you have installed the K-Lite Codec Pack, which installs the Haali/Matroska Splitter. The Haali/Matroska Splitter will cause explorer to crash along with any apps when you open a window that contains certain kinds of video. CoreCodec also installs the Haali/Matroska Splitter. So if you have the Haali/Matroska Splitter installed, does uninstalling it fix the problem?

You will have to search for a file named "splitter.ax" possibly in a folder: Program Files/Haali/MastroskaSplitter

I think you can use the CodecTweak Tool to disable it, but I use the following command from a command prompt in the folder where it resides: regsvr32 /u splitter.ax

My operating system is Windows XP Pro SP3.