5 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 1:12 AM by LeechJoseph RSS

How to update CR7 Release Candidate

LeechJoseph

Updated CR to 7 Release Candidate, and Updater prompt updates available but produced error on update, "Camera Raw 6.6 cannot be update".  Understand that Cr7 is now available, how to update to this new version from Release Candidate. Running on Window 7/32.

• 1. Re: How to update CR7 Release Candidate
          LeechJoseph Community Member

Hi, just managed to update to CR 6.7.0.339 with out any problem on my desktop window 7/64.  The problem I described is on my laptop running on window 7/32, software is CS5.   On checking I realised that the CR has been updated correctly to CR 6.7.0.339 on the laptop as well, I believe the CR release candidate was 6.7.0.319.  However, it produce an error message that CR 6.6 cannot be installed' on the 7/32 machine.  It's not really a problem now, as CR is performing ok, perhaps someone should check why there is an error on 6.6 when CR6.7 is installed successfully.

• 2. Re: How to update CR7 Release Candidate
            Noel Carboni Community Member

Paraphrasing the error message and vaguely describing when it happens isn't the best way to describe exactly what's happening.

Can you take a screenshot of your 32 bit system showing the error message and everything that's happening, save it as a JPEG, and post it here?  That would be helpful for the Adobe folks looking into the issue..

-Noel

• 3. Re: How to update CR7 Release Candidate

OK, my laptop now shows that CR6.7.0.339 installed

CR6.7.0.339 updated.jpg

but Adobe updater still show that CR update available

CR update available.jpg

however, update will fail

Update failed.jpg

Note that earlier in the day, the updater prompt me to update and apparently correctly update to the latest CR 6.7.0.339 version, but show the above error messages.

Thank you

• 4. Re: How to update CR7 Release Candidate
                station_one Community Member

The Adobe Auto Updater or Auto Update Manger is best ignored.  It has been broken for years and years, sometimes offering you updates that you already have installed (as in your case), at other times failing to show you available updates, and not uncommonly generating installation failures.

As long as "About Plug-in…" shows the correct version, you have nothing to worry about.

• 5. Re: How to update CR7 Release Candidate

Thanks for the reply and as I confirmed earlier in my previous post, CR is operating fine.  Just notice my error in posting it should be "How to update CR6.7 Release Candidate" not CR7. Will ignore the updater.