3 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2012 8:07 AM by John Hawkinson RSS

Change small caps to all caps (was: Scripting help)

Apabird

Hi All

I am working with an ID script in CS3 and I am trying to write some script (to add to an exsiting scipt that I am using) that will change small caps to all caps for some ID documents I am converting.

Sorry it's probably very easy to do but I'm fiarly new to using scipts!

Thanks for any help with this.

• 1. Re: Scripting help
          Dave Saunders Community Member

You really need to provide a litte more basic information. For example: which scripting language are you using?

You say you're trying -- show us your attempt so we can guide you.

How is the small-caps applied? Local formatting or character style? Would just changing the spec of the character style do the job (if so, why not do it without a script?) or is there some filter you want to apply to single out particular instances?

Dave

• 2. Re: Scripting help
            Apabird Community Member

Hi All

Sorry as I said I'm new to using and writing scripts!

The script (Java script) I am using was supplied to me by someone else and I am mainly just tweaking it.

The script is being used to mainly find character and paragraph styles and change them from one style to another.

As I have a lot of files with quite a few different styles to change the script is saving heaps of time.

The small caps that I am trying to change are in a character style and I need to if possible change them to normal caps that isn't a character style in most circumstances although there are places where they need to be a certain bold or italic character style.

The script is mainly using GREP search to find and change the various character and paragraph styles and the script I have tried so far is:

grep{appliedCharacterStyle:"Chapter Small Caps (A+B)"}{appliedStyle:"All Caps"}{includeFootnotes:true, includeMasterPages:true, includeHiddenLayers:true, wholeWord:false}Apply body Text Indent para Style to all.

The small caps need to be changed in several different character styles.

I hope this makes it a bit clearer what I'm trying to do

• 3. Re: Change small caps to all caps (was: Scripting help)
              John Hawkinson CommunityMVP

Please use a meaningful subject line in your posts. Everhything in this forum could qualify as "Scripting help" (hopefully).

I have retitled your post.