0 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2012 10:42 AM by rob_at_villanova

Question about vlt and paths

rob_at_villanova

Hi all,

I'm wrting a script to automate some of our current processes with regards to CQ. I'm new to CQ and learning as I go, so please excuse my general lack of understanding.

I'm having problems running vlt opperations with explicit pathing. In the past, our devs would svn checkout their files to a directory, for example C:\day\May2012. They would then navigate to C:\day\May2012\ui/src/content/jcr_root and execute their vlt command (with vlt in the PATH env var):

C:\day\May2012\ui/src/content/jcr_root>vlt --credentials admin:pwd co --filter ../META-INF/vault/filter.xml http://localhost:4502/crx --force

The would then run the following:

C:\day\May2012\ui/src/content/jcr_root>vlt add apps

C:\day\May2012\ui/src/content/jcr_root>vlt add etc

C:\day\May2012\ui/src/content/jcr_root>vlt commit

where "apps" and "etc" were subdirectories in jcr_root. I'm trying to avoid using relative paths (or depending on being in a particular dir when executing vlt), and I'm generating all of the paths programmatically from the script.

I have been able to re-write the checkout using explicit paths as follows:

C:\day\author\vault-cli-2.4.24\bin\vlt --credentials admin:pwd co --filter C:\day\May2012\ui\src\content\META-INF\vault\filter.xml http://localhost:4502/crx --force C:\day\May2012\ui\src\content\jcr_root

That appears to work. However when I re-write the others...

C:\day\author\vault-cli-2.4.24\bin\vlt add C:\day\May2012\ui\src\content\jcr_root\apps

I get an NPE: [ERROR] add: java.lang.NullPointerException: null

Is there any way to run the vlt add without having to be in the parent directory to the files/directories you are trying to add? Am I missing something?

We are running CQ 5.3 and I am trying to use vlt 2.4.24 (though they have traditionally used an older version, I'm assuming this ver is compatible with 5.3). Eventually this script will run in Win and Mac/Linux environments.

Thanks for any and all help!

Regards,

Rob