This occurs on multiple Macs (running either Leopard or Snow Leopard) in our office. The links are connected to conditional text in InCopy. Here's the scenario:
1) Open the InDesign document and select the linked text.
2) Get a dialog box: "You must check out the contents of this frame in order to make changes. Check out now?" Click "Yes."
3) Copy the text of the link, right-click and select "New Hyperlink."
4) In the "New Hyperlink" window, paste in the text of the URL (leaving in the http://).
5) Uncheck "Shared Hyperlink Destination." InDesign immediately crashes.
I've been told by our designers that you have to uncheck "Shared Hyperlink Destination" to prevent changes to all of the other related links in the document. I don't work with InDesign on a regular basis and have very limited knowledge of InCopy. I tested the current version of InDesign (7.5.3) on my Mac and the same crash occurred.
Here is the first part of the crash report:
Process: Adobe InDesign CS5.5 
Path: /Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5/Adobe InDesign CS5.5.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe InDesign CS5.5
Version: 18.104.22.1688 (7520)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd 
Interval Since Last Report: 4473638 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 38
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 2159305 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 15
Date/Time: 2012-05-03 12:29:26.452 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Report Version: 6
Anonymous UUID: 14200E2C-6A0E-4571-B96F-268BF9F135D1
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0
Thread 0 Crashed:
0 ...e.InDesign.Hyperlinks Panel 0x23929fa5 GetPlugIn + 117525
1 ...e.InDesign.Hyperlinks Panel 0x2392b103 GetPlugIn + 121971
2 ...e.InDesign.Hyperlinks Panel 0x2393f28a GetPlugIn + 204282
3 ...adobe.InDesign.AppFramework 0x19697e37 GetPlugIn + 45687
4 ...adobe.InDesign.AppFramework 0x196983f9 GetPlugIn + 47161
5 PublicLib.dylib 0x01786b49 CSubject::Change(IDType<ClassID_tag>,