0 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2012 7:41 PM by marsonmao

Relative path in .fla file cause debugger not working?

marsonmao

Hi:

I've tried debuggers in Flash CS4 and FlashDevelop, both are not working due to relative path set in .fla file's publish setting.
      (File --> Publish setting --> Flash tab --> Script(S): ActionScript 3.0, press Setting --> set relative file path for source paths)
      (I'm using Chinese version of Flash CS4 so wordings might be wrong)

My folder structure is like this:

Z:/aaaa/bbbb/cccc/flafolder/flaishere.fla
      Z
      :/aaaa/bbbb/cccc/asfolder1/asishere1.as

My package is cccc.asfolder1.asishere1.

So I set ../.. in .fla file to locate cccc folder.
      (from flaishere.fla, and go back 2 levels, then arrives at cccc folder)

But when I debug in FlashDevelop, all my break points set in asishere1.as are not triggered.
      I found the reason is that:
      the debugger is supposed to debug Z:/aaaa/bbbb/cccc/asfolder1/asishere1.as(#1), but it debugs Z:/aaaa/bbbb/cccc/../cccc/asfolder1/asishere1.as(#2) instead.
      So, it tries to debug in (#2), but there is no BPs set in(#2), so nothing happens.

I found this by clicking error message in stack frame, and it opens a second asishere1.as in my IDE.
      I move the mouse cursor on the tab and it shows the file path as (#2).

The problem could be solved if I use absolute file path in .fla file, i.e. replace ../.. byZ:/aaaa/bbbb, but my project should be portable so I still want to try relative path.

The same problem appears in Flash CS4, all break points are useless unless I set absolute file path.
      If you click error message in stack frame of Flash CS4, it will open a file, it should be (#2) but the path shown is the same as (#1), so it's harder to notice this problem,
      All you can see is the debugger is not stopping on break points.

Any way to solve this? Thanks!